The Bradford Building was built in 1902 and during its time housed the Planters National Bank and Mayflower Restaurant. In 1963, the Mayflower Restaurant on the bottom floor was the cause of the building’s demise when a coffee urn left on overnight started a fire. A rose garden now occupies the site which is next to the Fredericksburg Area Museum–the former City Hall.”